Bad Apple Movie Theead

6 hours ago, wasted said:

Do you think these are mistakes? Or does Ridley know. 

Some of it seems like liberties for entertainment. Like shooting at pyramids or the scope or meeting with Wellington. 

For the sake of the script to have him come back to find Josephine dead and talk to his sister is more dramatic. Marie Ant getting her head lopped off and then here's Napoleon seems just more concise movie wise.  

I'm not sure why so much needs to be wrong, but maybe the script follows his character development and relationship and has to shoehorn dates or they aren't chronological and they don't care. Maybe it was hacked down to be shorter and 4 hour fills the gaps. 

Do you think the Czar of Russia had affair with Josephine? 

Also those little girls say Russia burned Moscow so it could not be taken. Napoleon says he took Moscow. Did that happpen? 

Is it too misleading is the question or is it more about painting a picture Napoleons life. I'm not sure it's a good portrait of him. He seems to comical and not impressive enough in battle. 

I'm sure JFK is not accurate, it just sums up Garrisons pursuit. When you read JFK books or James Ellroy you realize it's way more complicated. There's so many more people involved. 

At the premiere when Ridley was asked about this stuff he said "How do you know, were you there?!" another reply was just Fuck Off. I guess that's the kind of hard nosed attitude he needed to make the movie. 

I don't get why trenches or those details are wrong. Some of it seems like Napoleon fanboy stuff you would want in there. Whether it happen or not is hard to say. The reality might be more boring. The battles weren't boring. 

The battles are brutal but theres still some decapitations in there as well. The thing is jammed full of Napoleon ideas but factually they didn't happen like that. 

The real story is just so much more interesting. I do not know what Ridley was thinking but he has launched some salvos at historians during the publicity for Napoleon. Here are his views,

Like all history, it's been reported. Napoleon dies, then, 10 years later, someone writes a book. Then someone takes that book and writes another book and so, 400 years later there's a lot of imagination [in history books]. When I have issues with historians, I ask: 'Excuse me, mate were you there? No? Well, shut the f*** up then'." 

- Ridley Scott

He is becoming universally disliked in the nerd circles I roam in - this is to put it mildly.

4 hours ago, wasted said:

Band of Brothers up next. Maybe. 

Winters discusses Hitler's death on April 11th yet Hitler killed himself 30th April. 

A German paratrooper (Fallschirmjäger) has Edelweiss pinned on coat. In reality the flower is the symbol of the mountain troops (Gebirgsjägern).

Private Blithe survived his wound and died in 1967. The series states he died from his wounds in 1948.

Guest The Monkey

Klute

Inspired Fincher's take on Dragon Tattoo. It's a good movie, not quite great, but sharp and ahead of it's time.

Charley Varrick

Solid crime movie, a bit on the unbelievable side the way it all resolves, but the first half or so is really great.

The Outfit

Robert Duvall is pretty badass in this. Karen Black looks like a girl I dated for a couple weeks.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

The real story is just so much more interesting. I do not know what Ridley was thinking but he has launched some salvos at historians during the publicity for Napoleon. Here are his views,

- Ridley Scott

He is becoming universally disliked in the nerd circles I roam in - this is to put it mildly.

He's always been a dick really. But he's a director, he gets the movie shot. You can see the similarities to his other movies. He's a lot more pompous than Tony Scott. 

I don't think he can really just say history wrong or up to him, but he could say he just made it more entertaining. 

But he's saying his version is right? 

I wish Napoleon shot canons at the pyramids. 

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Some truly awful films coming up at the cinema over the next few months including another Wonka remake, Aquaman, a Priscilla Presley biopic, a Bob Marley biopic and another Ghostbusters sequel! Mann's Ferrari film might be alright but I have no interest in cars or racing?

Will not be watching any of that shit. 

• Like 3

Guest The Monkey

Domino

The movie isn't great. The whole production feels cheap and a script doesn't help. But credit making a movie about Islamic terrorism and crime in the EU in the year 2019. That takes balls.

42 minutes ago, The Monkey said:

Domino

The movie isn't great. The whole production feels cheap and a script doesn't help. But credit making a movie about Islamic terrorism and crime in the EU in the year 2019. That takes balls.

That's not the Tony Scott Domino with Knightley and Rourke something like 2005. 

• Like 1

Fucking Ghostbusters man.

I was right at the perfect age when 2 came out, watched the cartoon, hassled my parents to buy me the empty fucking coke can...but I honestly never lay in bed wishing for more Ghostbusters movies.

I saw the Chick version, that's enough Ghostbusters for me thanks guise

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, DOOM said:

Fucking Ghostbusters man.

I was right at the perfect age when 2 came out, watched the cartoon, hassled my parents to buy me the empty fucking coke can...but I honestly never lay in bed wishing for more Ghostbusters movies.

I saw the Chick version, that's enough Ghostbusters for me thanks guise

The time to do a third one was the '90s sometime but Murray was a pain and they all got too old. Now they are just cameo fodder in new ones. We have had a woke one and the last one was nostalgia fan service like force awakes. Both were garbage. 

• Like 2