Bad Apple Movie Theead

Franchise mania. I'm hoping it is the death knell of Disney's brand of filmmaking which does not just include those terrible superhero films but also Star Wars and other properties. They have been hammered with a string of absolute turkeys recently.

They lost $1.4 billion in 2022 (Q4)!! It surely has to be unsustainable. They had to delay Snow White by two years because of the anti-woke backclash!! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Franchise mania. I'm hoping it is the death knell of Disney's brand of filmmaking which does not just include those terrible superhero films but also Star Wars and other properties. They have been hammered with a string of absolute turkeys recently.

They lost $1.4 billion in 2022 (Q4)!! It surely has to be unsustainable. They had to delay Snow White by two years because of the anti-woke backclash!! 

I think Disney bought Miramax or Weinstein company too. 

Mossad Harvey was taken out by Freemason Old Hollywood. 

32 minutes ago, wasted said:

I think Disney bought Miramax or Weinstein company too. 

Mossad Harvey was taken out Freemason Old Hollywood. 

It is simply unsustainable. Even the biggest company will crack under those sorts of losses. They put out an animated film called Strange World last year (no, me neither) which lost the company $197 million!! Indiana Jones/Dial of Destiny lost circa 100 million. Disney is so pathetic they actually produced a Star Wars flop: Solo probably lost about 80mil. How is it even conceivably to produce a ''SW box office bomb'' - the prequels dross all did well. Star Wars is a franchise that was Teflon. Well...Disney managed it.

These four films in 2023 alone lost for the company one billion!!

image.png.dcd140aaf2c0cf0975ffc0a7f6ae1ad5.png

I cannot believe they are not bankrupt yet! Surely there will be a breaking point?

11 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is simply unsustainable. Even the biggest company will crack under those sorts of losses. They put out an animated film called Strange World last year (no, me neither) which lost the company $197 million!! Indiana Jones/Dial of Destiny lost circa 100 million. Disney is so pathetic they actually produced a Star Wars flop: Solo probably lost about 80mil. How is it even conceivably to produce a ''SW box office bomb'' - the prequels dross all did well. Star Wars is a franchise that was Teflon. Well...Disney managed it.

These four films in 2023 alone lost for the company one billion!!

image.png.dcd140aaf2c0cf0975ffc0a7f6ae1ad5.png

I cannot believe they are not bankrupt yet! Surely there will be a breaking point?

Maybe DreamWorks is the future. That's Spielberg, Katzenberg (Disney), David Geffen. 

Everything has broken up. It might be that Disney is making losses but they own Star Wars, Weinstein (Maybe Tarantino) 

So all those loses are balanced by everything else. They sort of own everything. I was reading they are going to buy Netflix. They already have Disney plus. 

I bet that level money is a fiction. They all make 100 mil a year and this thing called Disney owes bankers who own Disney. Meanwhile Ready Player One and Wall-E shows us where we are going. 

Guest The Monkey

The movie would've been better from Plemmons characters POV.

Having the movie focused on Leo undercuts all of the potential subtlety and nuance.

Muh white people bad.

Guest The Monkey
7 minutes ago, bacdi the ape enthusiast said:

The lady yelling "this is just like Tulsa!" when the house blew up almost made me drop it to a 7.

The final radio talkie scene is the most shitlib moment ever put to film. It made me dislike the entire movie.

Guest Ragnar The Rape Enthusiast
4 hours ago, bacdi the ape enthusiast said:

Killers of the Flower Moon. Scorsese got a decent performance from De Niro this time around

He did ? De Niro hasn't delivered a decent performance since the 90s...

He was awful in "The Irishman"...

Guest The Monkey
13 minutes ago, bacdi the ape enthusiast said:

Scorsese: has an unlikeable protagonist

Theater kids: 

Bureaucratic parasite with no real film industry experience or talent, holds some make-work position for free gibs, is apart of a collective, and seems to do nothing but preach about "progressive" causes.

You can't make this shit up.

If I did some digging, I guarantee I'd find some CIA front bankrolling him.

Edit: Ford Foundation. Monkey wins.

10 hours ago, The Monkey said:

The movie would've been better from Plemmons characters POV.

They fucked it up. DiCaprio was terribly miscast. He is good at showy movie star roles. This required a real actor. If Scorsese had shot the book and not cast his friends it could have been a masterpiece. This really pisses me off as I fucking love the book! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MAGATRON said:

They fucked it up. DiCaprio was terribly miscast. He is good at showy movie star roles. This required a real actor. If Scorsese had shot the book and not cast his friends it could have been a masterpiece. This really pisses me off as I fucking love the book! 

From what I read they wrote the script more like the book, but then realized it was all about the male characters. They re-wrote it to be about the indians and women. Was the book as woke as the movie felt. I thought the movie was not obnoxiously woke. I didn't like Scorsese crying at the end. That last scene should have been cut. 

1 hour ago, Johnny Ramone said:

Watched Thirteen Days last night pretty good account of the Cuban Missile crisis. 

I was listening to Devil's Chessboard. Everyone involved is some kind of closet homosexual sociopath out of touch with any kind of human reality. It's like they imagine themselves as these spy masters and then set up things like Cuban Missile crisis to support their fantasies. They have to go through this whole thing to make themselves seem important. It's complete insanity. They go to brink of nuke war because they have disguise their homosexual lifestyles as the intelligence community. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, The Monkey said:

I want to watch Killers of the Flower Moon again to dissect the cinematography but 3 hours fuck me

I definitely think it's rewatchable, it has this ominous meditative vibe and like most Scorsese it has these layers but also cool scenes. DeCap made this reprehensible bastard sympathetic, he was vulnerable and a victim too. Decap is kind of likable and that makes it easier to swallow. Like when he plays Slave owner in Django. The mainstream can tolerate it if it's Leo.

If he's too repugnant you can't root for them to save their love. Then you can't feel his pain when she leaves his sorry ass.