Bad Apple Movie Theead

11 minutes ago, AxlisOld said:

They seriously still putting out quality after that many movies?

M:I-4 thru M:6 is the golden age of the series. Dead Reckoning is a mid 7 at best. 

9 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

Shockingly....yes.

The only dud in the franchise is MI 2.

How dare you. M:I-2 was great. 

The third one was ass. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

M:I-4 thru M:6 is the golden age of the series. Dead Reckoning is a mid 7 at best. 

The third one was ass. 

Hoffman played a great villain which keeps it afloat but a crap storyline almost ruined it.

Having the story revolve around a "Mcguffin" (Rabbits Foot) was ridiculous.

Still rank it above 2. He turns into Bruce Lee/Chuck Norris during the climax which turns it into comedy. Can't take it seriously.

3 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

Hoffman played a great villain which keeps it afloat but a crap storyline almost ruined it.

Having the story revolve around a "Mcguffin" (Rabbits Foot) was ridiculous.

Still rank it above 2. He turns into Bruce Lee/Chuck Norris during the climax which turns it into comedy. Can't take it seriously.

That's the greatest part of the movie. 

Guest The Monkey

I hate to come off as a smug douche but as far as I'm considered M:I 1 is the only good one.

I like M:I III for the reasons ET listed and M:I II had it's moments but definitely downhill from there.

The first MI is my favorite too and I wish he'd do one more film like it. He won't though...too slow and the plot confused people for some reason.

The later entries are more like video games...just hop from one action sequence to the next.

This one is awesome....

Big Trouble In Little China

On 11/17/2023 at 4:36 AM, wasted said:

I've seen all these Mission Impossible movies but can't remember or know which one's which. One starts by the Kremlin. One someone gets sniped by a river. One was shot partly in China. 

Beginning with 3 when they established a distinct 'style' of fast-cutting darkly-lit techno thriller-actioners they all sort of fudge into each other in the brain. Like the Marvel Cinematic Universe you finish the film then forget it immediately, or forget its discernible parts. 

The first two are different. First one has a classier espionage feel set in Prague and the second one is an advertisement for Vidal Sassoon and looks sunny and garish. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Big Trouble In Little China

Beginning with 3 when they established a distinct 'style' of fast-cutting darkly-lit techno thriller-actioners they all sort of fudge into each other in the brain. Like the Marvel Cinematic Universe you finish the film then forget it immediately, or forget its discernible parts. 

The first two are different. First one has a classier espionage feel set in Prague and the second one is an advertisement for Vidal Sassoon and looks sunny and garish. 

They work internationally because they aren't too dialogue heavy. China loves action movies. The first was DePalma or almost like a normal film. One of them had John Woo as director for dual gun mororbike stunts. I've seen Rogue Nation. I've seen them all apart last one. 

They are basically like American Roger Moore Bond movies. Foreign locations, birds and action. 

On 11/16/2023 at 4:48 PM, arnold layne said:

The third one was ass. 

Alright, mother fucker. Just downloaded 1-6, they better be good.

• Like 1