Bad Apple Movie Theead

Guest The Monkey
21 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Carpenter's Prince of Darkness.

Truly awful first two acts; slightly better third act. At least it has that classic Carpenter feel with the score. 

Yeah I didn't like it but there were some spooky scenes

51 minutes ago, The Monkey said:

Yeah I didn't like it but there were some spooky scenes

Basically an assembly of quintessential Carpenter strangeness, much of it good and interesting, that does not hang together as a film. Some of the ideas worked better elsewhere like The Thing and They Live.

On 11/25/2023 at 4:19 AM, EstrangedTWAT said:

Hope Matt didn't skip M:I3.....it's worth watching for Hoffman's performance alone.

Also, Maggie Q is hot as shit.

Don't plan on skipping, but I just got Breath of the Wild working on my PC, so movies have taken a backseat the last several days.

37 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

M:I-3 is objectively horrible. 

Don't let PSH distract you from the fact that it's not a good movie. 

Sometimes a strong performance can carry an otherwise bad movie. I've seen MI:3, I don't remember it being bad. Not as bad as 2 anyway.

I was in Japan when There Will Be Blood and No Country For Old Men came out.

I remember hearing so much about how I GOTTA see these two insane amazing masterpieces.

Well, I finally got to see them about a year after they were released when I rented the DVDs.

I only watched each movie once, and with both, I was a bit baffled at what all the fuss was about. Both movies had these despicable characters and abrupt endings and I really didn't know what to make of them. I thought I must have missed something. It's been a long time though, so perhaps I should watch them again. I think reading all that hype gave me preconceived notions.

• Like 3

On 11/24/2023 at 8:29 PM, wasted said:

I liked The Thing (2011), it was some kind or sequel remake, but was still good. 

It's a prequel. The end winds up being the beginning of the original.

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Does There will be Blood get better? I had to turn it off because I was that bored.

Probably the best movie of 2007.

An amazing film but runs out of gas with that lackluster ending which provides no closure.

2 hours ago, Ferdinand the Rape Ape said:

didn't really get twbb, need to give that another go

You know what I loved about it?

SPOILER

He's a piece of shit his whole life, and never learns a damn thing. He retires, rich, in a mansion, because being a piece of ahit paid off. He murders the little bitch ass god botherer, and his butler just helps him clean up the mess.