Jump to content

Eternal General Thread - 01/24 UPDATE - GROUNDBREAKING AI MUSIC VIDEO RELEASED


Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, Monkey said:

Would I be surprised if there were a delay? No.

 

Would it be a transparent "we didn't sell enough" or "Fernando drama made it a bad time" reason to cancel? Yes.

 

GIVE ME THE 2002 VERSIONS YOU FUCKS

If they get the Atlas/Monsters single out for Xmas they might call it a day. 
 

Then future box sets and Best ofs their way to rock history. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest The Monkey
11 minutes ago, wasted said:

If they get the Atlas/Monsters single out for Xmas

Not in this lifetime, pal!

 

If they were smart/capable/not a bunch of out of touch boomers they would've announced a pre-order this past Monday for Black Friday.

 

Or at least cock tease there will be a GNR black Friday sale.,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, wasted said:

Rolling Stones stopped doing Brown Sugar live, It's so Easy may not be played if they ever tour again. 

I cant see the difference in lyrical content between ISE and Absurd.

If Axl enjoys singing and grabbing his cock during the "pussy full of maggots " part when singing Absurd why would you only drop ISE?.

Its not like ISE lyrics are any worse than Absurd.

But i agree with dropping  ISE he should drop both.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Monkey said:

Not in this lifetime, pal!

 

If they were smart/capable/not a bunch of out of touch boomers they would've announced a pre-order this past Monday for Black Friday.

 

Or at least cock tease there will be a GNR black Friday sale.,

The combo of shrugging like Brando and saying I'm over it works when you are winning. But this Metoo thing comes down it won't fly. 
 

They will have to return with Oklahoma/SOG in 2026. 
 

Agenda 2030 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

I cant see the difference in lyrical content between ISE and Absurd.

If Axl enjoys singing and keeping Absurd in the setlist why woukd you drop ISE?.

Its not like ISE lyrics are any worse than Absurd.

But i agree with dropping  ISE he should drop both.

Easy is more obvious misogynistic. With actual violent instructions, a bondage video. 
 

Absurd is more like Back off Bitch. 
 

But add Pretty Tied Up, Anything Goes. 
 

It's like Marilyn Manson though, what did you expect. Why are breaking into Axl's hotel room? 
 

Maybe the industry is concerned GNR haven't recorded a new album. They kind of messed with Rolling Stone by putting Perhaps out instead of Atlas. 
 

Most metoo cases have this element of wanting to end an artists contract. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, wasted said:

Easy is more obvious misogynistic. With actual violent instructions, a bondage video. 
 

Absurd is more like Back off Bitch. 
 

But add Pretty Tied Up, Anything Goes. 
 

It's like Marilyn Manson though, what did you expect. Why are breaking into Axl's hotel room? 
 

Maybe the industry is concerned GNR haven't recorded a new album. They kind of messed with Rolling Stone by putting Perhaps out instead of Atlas. 
 

Most metoo cases have this element of wanting to end an artists contract. 

Hmmm when Axls gyrating on stage grabbing his cock during " pussy full of maggots" i dont think one cancels out the other. As juvenile as the Absurd lyrics are.

Both should be dropped, as well as PTU, Anything Goes. 

But considering ISE is a setlist staple forever and his history with women is well documented hes taking his chance on whatever critisism comes his way with doing the song.

But if the band tour in 25 im sure this will be a non-story by then anyway and its back to normal. Potentially with a new manager.

 

Edited by Sydney Fan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Hmmm when Axls gyrating on stage grabbing his cock during " pussy full of maggots" i dont think one cancels out the other. As juvenile as the Absurd lyrics are.

Both should be dropped, as well as PTU, Anything Goes. 

But considering ISE is a setlist staple forever and his history with women is well documented hes taking his chance on whatever critisism comes his way with doing the song.

But if the band tour in 25 im sure this will be a non-story by then anyway and its back to normal. Potentially with a new manager.

 

I think they will survive and maybe Fernando will just be given a slightly different role. Beta will be "the manager" and Shaggy will be holding Axl's towels and refreshments. 
 

A lot of cancel culture is literal, the words on the page. Context is generally ignored. The most literal example is used. 
 

Even Rocket Queen can be misinterpreted very easily. 
 

I wonder if the SCOM, Don't Cry, Nov Rain type hits have distracted the usual people from making a fuss. 
 

The Civil War Ukraine stance. Duff's activism. Black drummers, female keyboardist, Dj Ashba representing trans rights, Axl's comedy career all weighs against some coke fueled violence in the 80s. 
 

Axl releasing his Child Abuse song just as Fernando is accused of harassment seems like a coincidence. 
 

Benzova bringing the case now could mean she knows they won't be touring for a while so no more revenue stream for her. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, wasted said:

I think they will survive and maybe Fernando will just be given a slightly different role. Beta will be "the manager" and Shaggy will be holding Axl's towels and refreshments. 
 

A lot of cancel culture is literal, the words on the page. Context is generally ignored. The most literal example is used. 
 

Even Rocket Queen can be misinterpreted very easily. 
 

I wonder if the SCOM, Don't Cry, Nov Rain type hits have distracted the usual people from making a fuss. 
 

The Civil War Ukraine stance. Duff's activism. Black drummers, female keyboardist, Dj Ashba representing trans rights, Axl's comedy career all weighs against some coke fueled violence in the 80s. 
 

Axl releasing his Child Abuse song just as Fernando is accused of harassment seems like a coincidence. 
 

Benzova bringing the case now could mean she knows they won't be touring for a while so no more revenue stream for her. 

Yep Colonel Parker to the rescue.

We can add playing on time, lowering the rants, upgrading some fans seats by TB on the day of the show, and having more social media presence especially on tour those positives seem to be keeping the negatives of the bands history at bay.

The band had alot of facebook presence during the initial NITL tour that it seems that kept the bad history stuff away from the casual fans minds when they think of the band "Guns N Roses". Apart from "wheres Izzy" nothing else mattered.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Yep Colonel Parker to the rescue.

We can add playing on time, lowering the rants, upgrading some fans seats by TB on the day of the show, and having more social media presence especially on tour those positives seem to be keeping the negatives of the bands history at bay.

The band had alot of facebook presence during the initial NITL tour that it seems that kept the bad history stuff away from the casual fans minds when they think of the band "Guns N Roses". Apart from "wheres Izzy" nothing else mattered.

 

 

 

The media, promoters and industry had a vested interest in the shows happening. So as long as the tickets sell mossad will be working over time to take out the Metoo accusers. 
 

They protected on high by David Geffen and Irving Azzof. 
 

The guys are going to be recording hard rock hits at gun point in 2024 at the behest of UMG. 
 

"We've been trying to get these guys for 10 years, and now this Fernando guy has just fucked up big time. Get Bob on the phone. This Reunion album is a go."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

Holy shit..it is the anniversary.

 

15 YEARS...where does the time go....

 

Also 30 years since TSI.

Axl takes the band name in 96 and has 1 album in all this time to show for his effort.

The man who wanted to release a trilogy of new music.

 

 

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Axl takes the band name in 96 and has 1 album in all this time to show for his effort.

The man who wanted to release a trilogy of new music.

 

 

 

Putting out another cd in the 90s always seemed a stretch.
 

Given they had 5 cds out in the 90s, I think 1 cd in early 00s was about right given the situation. They could've made it 2 cds with a little reshuffling/covers.
 

If Axl had his way I think we would have got a trilogy of releases. 99, 2001, 2004. If they said we'll put out 3 cds over 3 years or all at once, Axl would have done it. 
 

But it's 2023. We should've got another cd around 2018. We are finishing off the CD era now. 
 

We are deep into the Reunion era which seems to be about nostalgia. For the UYI and CD eras. 
 

But would newly written GNR songs be much different than recent releases like Hard Skool and Perhaps? 
 

Slash has always reworked or recorded songs written by others in GNR. 
 

The big change would be Izzy songs. Not Axl ballads or Huge songs which Slash has always done. Unless Izzy gets involved this is really all they can do. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/23/2023 at 9:54 PM, Slugworth said:

Holy shit..it is the anniversary.

 

15 YEARS...where does the time go....

 

Also 30 years since TSI.

 

CD was 15 years since spaghetti

 

Axl said, "the next album won't take as long, I promise"

 

Is Axl a pathological liar? He must have some sort of mental issue.

 

I don't remember him ever announcing something in advance, and keeping his promise.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, boobytrap said:

 

CD was 15 years since spaghetti

 

Axl said, "the next album won't take as long, I promise"

 

Is Axl a pathological liar? He must have some sort of mental issue.

 

I don't remember him ever announcing something in advance, and keeping his promise.

Was that before the Reunion? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, wasted said:

Was that before the Reunion? 

 

yeah I remember clear as day, a short while after CD was released that statement was made

 

Axle said something along the lines of "people are already asking when will be the next album, which is ridiculous" 

 

Was it him, or frank richards, or izzy reed, who told us the next one won't take as long. Now I'm not too sure.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, boobytrap said:

 

yeah I remember clear as day, a short while after CD was released that statement was made

 

Axle said something along the lines of "people are already asking when will be the next album, which is ridiculous" 

 

Was it him, or frank richards, or izzy reed, who told us the next one won't take as long. Now I'm not too sure.

Axl called us the same idiots wanting a release date, Dj promised it wouldn't be as long. Fortus/Dizzy always said almost done/very close kind of thing, in a year maybe. All true in context, until Ron and Tommy left. Zutaut even said it was about to be released. 
 

But as soon as Reunion happens all that is moot. Because even if Slash and Duff are good to work on CD II songs they need to do something etc. It wasn't guaranteed they would even play CD songs live. 

 

That was all kind of reignited by Axl's China Exchange interview. Then SandD do actually say they heard Axl's material and may work on it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...