Jump to content

Eternal General Thread - 01/24 UPDATE - GROUNDBREAKING AI MUSIC VIDEO RELEASED


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, LiarzisDead said:

aren't there some over dubs with axls voice in it?

seems a bit cleaner also.

 

but ya, its basically the same

 

I'll have to listen again. The bass might be higher in the mix. That's what I noticed. It's hard to tell. The mixes on these songs are muddy. Even the audiophile forums don't bother dissecting these songs.

 

These songs just aren't good quality whether by leak, radio listen, or directly implanted into your brain.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

I'll have to listen again. The bass might be higher in the mix. That's what I noticed. It's hard to tell. The mixes on these songs are muddy. Even the audiophile forums don't bother dissecting these songs.

 

These songs just aren't good quality whether by leak, radio listen, or directly implanted into your brain.

i just side by sided them on Audacity. 

theyre exactly the same

 

hahah this band

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Slugworth said:

I'll have to listen again. The bass might be higher in the mix. That's what I noticed. It's hard to tell. The mixes on these songs are muddy. Even the audiophile forums don't bother dissecting these songs.

 

These songs just aren't good quality whether by leak, radio listen, or directly implanted into your brain.

Good has always interested me because past the subject matter or vocal delivery, The General is pretty much just the soft loud dynamic of grunge or nu metal. But when I think of good in terms of GNR it's AFD and that's all about hard rock and smooth Thin Lizzyesque transitions between parts which give a progression feeling. Perhaps is more based around a UYI piano break. Listening to Izzy solo material as sparsely recorded as they are they do have those transitions where it seems more musically sophisticated, that give the songs a simple feelgood fluidity. They are two completely different genres so not comparable, but The General is not AFD or UYI era material at all whereas HS and Perhaps you can make comparisons. But even within grunge, nu metal, alt The General is still hard to judge bcos it's a hybrid. It's a little start stop, with little momentum or solo development, but that's pretty much true for the genre. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, LiarzisDead said:

i just side by sided them on Audacity. 

theyre exactly the same

 

hahah this band

 

Was it "mixed" by caram?.

If so i dont know why Axl uses this guy. There would be a 100 better studio engineers in LA who  could probably do a better job.

Im convinced Axl just wants these songs "out". Quality be damned.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

they have one great album, their first

 

I'm 30 years in denial that the UYI's really aren't "that" great. there's a handfull of songs on par with AFD, but the majority is Axl epics, and a bunch of covers.

 

With UYI, they had half an album's worth of great material (right next door to hell, you could be mine, perfect crime, dust n bones and 14 years ) but somewhere along the lines Izzy left and Axl could force his vision on the band

 

fast forward to CD, and the half album's worth of appetite level songs are gone, and it's made up entirely of Axl epics, drama and self-pitying.

 

These new singles are leftover tracks to that project, with bass and guitar from pooff and gravy biceps; in effect being a dishonest, pointless hybrid of Axl's grand vision with a misguided attempt to add more appetite power.

 

When I appreciate all of the above, I long for more simplicity and honesty (in whatever form that may be). I'm too old for this shit. Life is too short to wait years and years for mythical songs that turn out to be shit.

 

From now on, Motley Crue is my new favortie band. I can even forgive the amount of fat and fake bass in that band. It's a band, in the woke era, still standing behind their image and having strip dancers on stage. Mad respect for them.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, boobytrap said:

they have one great album, their first

 

I'm 30 years in denial that the UYI's really aren't "that" great. there's a handfull of songs on par with AFD, but the majority is Axl epics, and a bunch of covers.

 

With UYI, they had half an album's worth of great material (right next door to hell, you could be mine, perfect crime, dust n bones and 14 years ) but somewhere along the lines Izzy left and Axl could force his vision on the band

 

fast forward to CD, and the half album's worth of appetite level songs are gone, and it's made up entirely of Axl epics, drama and self-pitying.

 

These new singles are leftover tracks to that project, with bass and guitar from pooff and gravy biceps; in effect being a dishonest, pointless hybrid of Axl's grand vision with a misguided attempt to add more appetite power.

 

When I appreciate all of the above, I long for more simplicity and honesty (in whatever form that may be). I'm too old for this shit. Life is too short to wait years and years for mythical songs that turn out to be shit.

 

From now on, Motley Crue is my new favortie band. I can even forgive the amount of fat and fake bass in that band. It's a band, in the woke era, still standing behind their image and having strip dancers on stage. Mad respect for them.

I want to believe but the idea of just churning AFD songs out seems unrealistic. i do think there's an element of them willfully not wanting to try. Or it not fitting them personally. The spirit was self destructive and naive, and they just moved on. 


AFD was like a hard rock concept album and they pulled it off. UYI is more like 3 solo albums with Axl and Slash pulling out the stops. They got by on talent and attitude.
 

CD is like another attempt at an AFD for the 00s but it's such a mad idea that it's hard to back. They should've been in UYI mode with the odd flash of AFD for the rest of time.
 

CD was the AFD and now they are just doing solo singles. One for Slash, one for Axl. like UYI it's more dynamic and diverse. They aren't limiting themselves to just 70s 80s hard rock. I wonder if they will eventually but time is running out. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...