The Eternal General - 04/24 - Unpinned but alive; Atlas/Monsters nowhere in sight; Slash 'Orgy of the Damned' next month

19 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Tommy did get the rights back to Going Down a couple years ago.

Would be hilarious if he released the version with Axl vocals... Slash and Duff have released half a dozen albums since re-joining, but the first Axl guest appearance being on a Tommy album would be an incredible troll :pepelol:

He would have to own both the publishing rights and the actual Guns' recordings of it. 

Odds are, he only owns the publishing rights. 

We already have a complete Stinson version of the song via the locker leaks. It's a shame that we will never get an Axl version of it if Stinson has the rights to the song. We might start getting Chinese era stuff after GNR sells their catalogue, because whoever buys it will want to exploit it to the greatest possibly degree. I can't imagine they would be motivated to include an obscure demo that they don't receive royalties for. It's one thing to include a cover of a really famous song that the band is known for like Knocking On Heavens door, but they won't include a cover of a niche Stinson song. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bill Brasky said:

5agge is awesome. Wish he was here.

This would pass with the rasp as an outake from the 95/6 sessions if this version would be released in an imaginary world.

Possible Slash interview,

"Yeah this is a cool song. I dont remember much about this song but was originally worked on sometime before or after snakepit. All things considered I cant remember if was an Izzy song or brought in by Axl. So yeah".

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guest The Monkey

I don't see Axl transforming into a Russian teenager in aviators. Shit video. Not groundbreaking at all.

Still can't believe the dummies released "The General" 

Or even "Perhaps" 

over "Monsters" 

It would  have shook up even the Die Had Fans.

A good song no one had heard, and most didn't even know existed other than the shitty unlistenable cell phone recording 

Maybe put (The General pt II) after the title or actually learn how to communicate again,

and just tell people it's Pt 2

The Village Leaks were now almost 6 Years ago, they gotta stop depending on that material

"Monsters" should have been the 

A-Side, put an instrumental version or Remix on the B-Side

Could have been the first New GnR Single to actually get peoples attention.

But as usual, 

GnR fucked it all up :classic_laugh:

Monsters w/ Intro

• Like 2

Another "Monsters" upload burnt lol

👇

Instead, here is something a few months old, but new to me cuz I never heard this podcast. 

The host mentions getting a Copyright Strike from Team Brazil just for having Rick Dunford on a previous show.

Also talks of

Dustin Bonez ( same person?)

And mentions and answers responses from @VoidLykos 

Is this guy on the Forum?

Voudlykos can tell us anything about this podcast?

Edit: previous EP w/ Dunsford

On 2/6/2024 at 12:32 AM, Johnny Ramone said:

I give so little fucks about GnR at this stage I’ve only listened to The General today for the first time. And last. What a load of bollocks. 

I have been in that position for a decade. Just put my head around the door occasionally for the laughs.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2024 at 1:16 AM, Donny_TPB said:

Another "Monsters" upload burnt lol

👇

Instead, here is something a few months old, but new to me cuz I never heard this podcast. 

The host mentions getting a Copyright Strike from Team Brazil just for having Rick Dunford on a previous show.

Also talks of

Dustin Bonez ( same person?)

And mentions and answers responses from @VoidLykos 

Is this guy on the Forum?

Voudlykos can tell us anything about this podcast?

Edit: previous EP w/ Dunsford

Name is Chris really cool guy some people dislike him for not knowing every little detail or getting some GnR things wrong he is on Discord. He talks about all rock related news and does guitar talk stuff and give tips for new players etc etc

• Like 1

Looks like The General video finally made it past 1 million views at some point the past week or two.

The audio... uploaded over two months ago, is stuck at 887k views.

Let's be honest...

While Monsters is the superior song obviously, its numbers wouldn't be any better.

I just noticed Monkey deleted his account again. Bummer.

• Sad 1

Kanye new song has 4 million views. It's not as good as The General. 

Rock is not mainstream culture anymore. I can't remember the last big No 1 rock song. 

They are doing a good job keeping it fresh, not so great at huge nostalgia sell out, but big picture their discography is getting close to perfection. 

The thing is will there be another band who GNR is their Stones. 

The Strokes of The Killers really didn't do enough. I guess after Kurt blew his head off everyone was like rock is bad for you. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...