The Eternal General - 04/24 - Unpinned but alive; Atlas/Monsters nowhere in sight; Slash 'Orgy of the Damned' next month

Guest sixes schmixes
1 hour ago, Facekicker said:

How the fuck am I the first to point out that THE GENERAL is being released as a fucking .........B-side!

laughing-laugh.gif

B side as in B(ig gun) side 🤸

I have been out of the loop in regards to GNR for a while but is there any kind of theory as to the strategy of these releases? Are they trying to get out the rest of the Chinese Demos through singles and then release an album with new material? Or is this leading up to a release of a new album? Kind of odd they are releasing The General as a B side to Perhaps when it has kind of been this mythical song for like 2 decades now. Unless they are banking on that to sell more singles. We will have 4 singles out and we know Atlas is a completed song and was almost put on CD, there is State of Grace which was almost complete, and that one with the rapping on it, Eyes on Me or whatever.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wasted said:

Brain wrote The General? 

From what I remember he was heavily involved in the songwriting and I think he came up with the name of the song, but my memory is dogshit but that is how I remember it anyways.

57 minutes ago, Bran said:

From what I remember he was heavily involved in the songwriting and I think he came up with the name of the song, but my memory is dogshit but that is how I remember it anyways.

He was definitely quoted as saying that. 

And they stuck with the General's Chicken title. 

Bucket was in the band so anything could happen. 

Strange it didn't leak, or maybe it did. 

SoG or Elvis. 

Worse case it's a Bucket version or instrumental of Chicken dinner. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bran said:

I have been out of the loop in regards to GNR for a while but is there any kind of theory as to the strategy of these releases? 

They’ve adopted the Gordon Gekko corporate raider strategy of stripping CD II for parts and selling them off to South American idiots and other retards. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, MAGATRON said:

Soul Monster and Circus Maximus are the only two big guns left. Unfortunately the Fatman is going to let Old Gravy Biceps molest them. We need somebody to leak CD II before that can happen. 

Maximus is kinda meh I’ll perfer Oklahoma or Zodiac just my opinion 

• Pray 1

12 hours ago, Bran said:

I have been out of the loop in regards to GNR for a while but is there any kind of theory as to the strategy of these releases? Are they trying to get out the rest of the Chinese Demos through singles and then release an album with new material? Or is this leading up to a release of a new album? Kind of odd they are releasing The General as a B side to Perhaps when it has kind of been this mythical song for like 2 decades now. Unless they are banking on that to sell more singles. We will have 4 singles out and we know Atlas is a completed song and was almost put on CD, there is State of Grace which was almost complete, and that one with the rapping on it, Eyes on Me or whatever.

They need to be in agreement with the label to release a full album because it burns an album off their contract. If I recall, they might be on their last album. 

Which means, the band and the label have to want the same thing. I highly doubt the label wants 20+ year old Axl NuMetal songs that Slash cut and pasted guitar tracks on. If they will take it, I doubt Axl is happy with the level of promotion, which apparently has been an issue in the CD era.

These releases don't count towards their albums on their contract. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GeraldineBailey said:

Everyone is gonna be so disappointed when The General comes out.

If Fernando Libeis calls this song „a monster” it propably means that it is barely listenable.

I’m sure more than 80% of that forum will hate that song with passion.

If its anything like Pershit then yes.

• Haha 1

Guest Monkey

If I'm a music producer, I'm telling Gn'R to dump weird, experimental stuff as B-Sides.

Unless it sounds happy and appeals to normies, it's out of the picture as lead singles.

Atlas is the worst of the bunch but Quick Song, Curly Shuffle, and Oklahoma all have a lot of potential.

They have a backbone for a new album, it's basically Use Your Illusion III.

21 hours ago, MAGATRON said:

Soul Monster and Circus Maximus are the only two big guns left. Unfortunately the Fatman is going to let Old Gravy Biceps molest them. We need somebody to leak CD II before that can happen. 

Sending Pitman crates of Vodka might liberate CD II. 

8 hours ago, Monkey said:

If I'm a music producer, I'm telling Gn'R to dump weird, experimental stuff as B-Sides.

Unless it sounds happy and appeals to normies, it's out of the picture as lead singles.

Atlas is the worst of the bunch but Quick Song, Curly Shuffle, and Oklahoma all have a lot of potential.

They have a backbone for a new album, it's basically Use Your Illusion III.

Nothing could be a single easily, Slash just needs to add a flamenco solo. 

With CD the problem was trying to make an album, from such opposing styles. Getting it all to feel right on an album just took a while. 

But now they are just doing what suits the song. The songs all work but if you put them on an album together it's probably schizo off kilter but that's okay. Maybe the thread of the big 3 will hold it together. Or there is no album just a playlist.