The Eternal General - 04/24 - Unpinned but alive; Atlas/Monsters nowhere in sight; Slash 'Orgy of the Damned' next month

B-side in this context doesn't mean the same thing as B-side in the traditional context. Instead of releasing a 12 song album, they are presumably releasing a dozen or so songs 2 at a time spread out over the next 20 years. It would be like saying Catcher, TWAT, Prostitute, etc cannot be Big Guns because they were album tracks and not singles. 

Especially since last time around both Absurd and Hard School got the same level of promotion, it's not really a B-side sort of thing. Maybe the felt Perhaps was the more marketable song to the general public, so it got the music video and title of the single. You have to keep in mind that especially in first world countries, almost nobody cares about the Chinese Democracy era relative to the size of this fan base. The idea that The General is some mythical track is limited to a very small portion of people who know about Guns N' Roses. 

• Like 3
  • Fat Axl 1

Guest Monkey

When do you guys think we'll hear The General?

September 15th? October 1st?

Tour ends October 16th. The vinyl ships on October 27th so good luck if you get that before November 27th.

2 hours ago, gunsntortillas said:

B-side in this context doesn't mean the same thing as B-side in the traditional context. Instead of releasing a 12 song album, they are presumably releasing a dozen or so songs 2 at a time spread out over the next 20 years. It would be like saying Catcher, TWAT, Prostitute, etc cannot be Big Guns because they were album tracks and not singles. 

Especially since last time around both Absurd and Hard School got the same level of promotion, it's not really a B-side sort of thing. Maybe the felt Perhaps was the more marketable song to the general public, so it got the music video and title of the single. You have to keep in mind that especially in first world countries, almost nobody cares about the Chinese Democracy era relative to the size of this fan base. The idea that The General is some mythical track is limited to a very small portion of people who know about Guns N' Roses. 

HardSkool was more the A side but Absurd got attention bcos it was first. This time with Perhaps video and mainstream appeal I think The General will not get the attention unless it also has a video and is like old Guns in some way. Maybe they are seen as double A sides. 

The G side, R side thing might be one for Slash one for Axl. The General might be more Absurd than classic sounding. 

With new material so scarce My World would be an A side. So Fine which is like Perhaps would be a hit single these days. The SCOM formula, start out poppy but then get progressively rock and earn respect. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Monkey said:

When do you guys think we'll hear The General?

September 15th? October 1st?

Tour ends October 16th. The vinyl ships on October 27th so good luck if you get that before November 27th.

MSL said 22-25 September and he was right about Perhaps so i think next month 

• Like 2

Guest arnold layne

Please make the EP art a bowl of rice and General Tso's chicken. 

Guest Monkey

Does this mean we’re getting a song a month?

August - Perhaps

September - The General

October - ???

November - Atlas Shrugged

December - Album release?

Interesting they are releasing a new song in November which is the 30th anniversary of TSI.

A release of a new song takes the priority over TSI anniversary.

As the tour finishes in October a pity the band dont do a club tour in support of TSI just playing covers no GNR songs. Wont happen of course.

• Like 1

Guest General Gravy Biceps
4 hours ago, wasted said:

Who is the guitarist on The General, Finck?

Please, I think we all know it's FRANK RICHARDS who shines all over this one.

Guest General Gravy Biceps
8 minutes ago, wasted said:

I should've known Huge wrote and played all the guitars on Perhaps and The General and is the Syd Barett of GNR. 

True. Huge needs to gatecrash current-GNR studio time with a crazy toothbrushing incident. Shine On You Scabby Diamond.

11 minutes ago, Ancient Gravy Biceps said:

True. Huge needs to gatecrash current-GNR studio time with a crazy toothbrushing incident. Shine On You Scabby Diamond.

I see Huge and Pitman using Dj's 12 demos to make a digital Big Snake download. 

• Haha 1

On 8/21/2023 at 11:48 PM, Monkey said:

Does this mean we’re getting a song a month?

August - Perhaps

September - The General

October - ???

November - Atlas Shrugged

December - Album release?

They maybe closing out the 3-4 songs Slash said they'd finished after HS, Absurd. It's kind of half an album. 

Do they now go work on fresh stuff like Slash said? 

Guest Monkey
23 minutes ago, wasted said:

They maybe closing out the 3-4 songs Slash said they'd finished after HS, Absurd. It's kind of half an album. 

Do they now go work on fresh stuff like Slash said? 

Isn't Slash going out on tour next year?

I don't get the gameplan. If it's Absurd, Hard Skool, Perhaps, The General, Oh My God, and Atlas Shrugged then they're basically giving you the undercard of the album.

This would keep the A-material back for a new album and maybe they've written new stuff or they plan to write more and then a new album in 2024?

But like I asked, what's Slash doing?

40 minutes ago, Monkey said:

Isn't Slash going out on tour next year?

I don't get the gameplan. If it's Absurd, Hard Skool, Perhaps, The General, Oh My God, and Atlas Shrugged then they're basically giving you the undercard of the album.

This would keep the A-material back for a new album and maybe they've written new stuff or they plan to write more and then a new album in 2024?

But like I asked, what's Slash doing?

That's what Slash said, fresh material after these 3-4 songs. 

Slash writes on the road. So by 2025 they might have something to record. So a wave of releases in 2029-30? 

I prefer Slash working on Izzy or Axl songs but he has some stuff like Garden of Eden, DDM, Coma, Locomotive. 

Duff might write something. Axl may have something to add. 

Axl talked at China exchange about writing off vocal melodies like AFD was. So Axl or Izzy having a very basic idea and Slash running with it. 

In way thats what Slash had been doing with these current releases.