The Eternal General - 04/24 - Unpinned but alive; Atlas/Monsters nowhere in sight; Slash 'Orgy of the Damned' next month

7 hours ago, Monkey said:

Isn't Slash going out on tour next year?

I don't get the gameplan. If it's Absurd, Hard Skool, Perhaps, The General, Oh My God, and Atlas Shrugged then they're basically giving you the undercard of the album.

This would keep the A-material back for a new album and maybe they've written new stuff or they plan to write more and then a new album in 2024?

But like I asked, what's Slash doing?

Interesting plus slash has his solo album again so no doubt there would have to be a tour there.

2 minutes ago, DOOM said:

Holy fucking shit, I love youse all but fucking hell, I can't believe you guys are seriously talking "new album".

GNR albums are like those cicada bugs. You get some action and then they disappear for like 15 fucking years and then when you least expect it they resurface to annoy the shit out of you for a few weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Slugworth said:

spacer.png

Never say never. 

The idea of Axl starting to build new 10 minute epics does sound unlikely. It's 10 year pre production. But say Perhsps, Atlas, Soul are those songs. Slash Duff just need to write a Jungle, DDM, Coma, Gardrn of Eden, throw in an Izzy acoustic, a punk cover. 6 songs by 2030. They can do this. 

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

If we dont get an album TB will blame the Hollywood actors strike. 

He'll post on reddit that the album couldn't be released because of the actors strike effecting all Hollywood and the studios.

There's no excuse for Slash and band not to knock out some tracks. Always get AI to sing them. 

There's even the 19 cds of CD session ideas for inspiration. A few of the Slash solo songs have been good, 3-4 of them.

One Slash/Axl special like YCBM/SBQM. 

13 hours ago, wasted said:

Never say never. 

The idea of Axl starting to build new 10 minute epics does sound unlikely. It's 10 year pre production. But say Perhsps, Atlas, Soul are those songs. Slash Duff just need to write a Jungle, DDM, Coma, Gardrn of Eden, throw in an Izzy acoustic, a punk cover. 6 songs by 2030. They can do this. 

The world economic forum will have us all in pods eating bugs by 2030 but shit guns n roses still won't have an album out

Unreal

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Team Brazil statement

"Ooh eg ugh ooh oh eh ah eh ooh ho ha ohh uh huh ooh pa! Eg hibhubooh eh huh ooh eh ho ha! Plop ag uh!" 

I ran it through Google translate with no success. 

I then asked ChatGPT to run it against all known Brazilian tribal dialects. 

It gave me back a 90% match against the Cunta Larga tribe and offered this: 

"Due to the emergence of a new COVID variant, we are currently reassessing all future album releases and tour dates. May the fat man shine kindly upon our huts." 

So. There's that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, Monkey said:

So what is "The General"?

Lead single type material?

Coma type deep cut for the hardcores?

Throwing a bone to the fans?

It's probably #2 had it been on CD but at this point it's #3.

They didn't have to include The General in this.  Casual fans would've been perfectly content with the Perhaps single and video and the majority probably wouldn't care if it was performed live or not. They don't know or care about The General's existence.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bill Brasky said:

Since 2019 I've stated State of grace is the general.

The majority of the community has said I'm wrong , yet be it on the fatcast , discord or this very site i have not wavered. 

Can't wait to find out.

spacer.png

Hope not. State of Grace blows.

• Like 1