The Eternal General - 04/24 - Unpinned but alive; Atlas/Monsters nowhere in sight; Slash 'Orgy of the Damned' next month

Guest sixes schmixes
12 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The lyrics are stupid but the performance is great. It was a highlight when I saw them play it in 2010.

The band was great on If The World live as was Axl. Elevated the song big time

Guest Monkey

I remember reading Weiland say Libertad was going to be as good as Exile on Main Street.

It was at that point that a Teenage Monkey finally understood the consequences of drug use.

Guest General Gravy Biceps
4 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

In terms of Libertad, i think i only liked one song being American Man, the others meh.

I dont know why the material on the album was so weak. The chemistry of the band was still ok it was when they toured the wheels started falling off.

I think Scott was already checked-out mentally during the recording (i.e. the drugs had fully taken over). Idiots like Splosh and Doof need a (somewhat) functional singer to arrange their nonsense into something listenable.

22 hours ago, Bill Brasky said:

Since 2019 I've stated State of grace is the general.

The majority of the community has said I'm wrong , yet be it on the fatcast , discord or this very site i have not wavered. 

Can't wait to find out.

spacer.png

If it's another Eye on You / Hard Skool situation that doesn't count right?

• Haha 1

The General is State Of Grace. The cell phone leak thought to be The General is a different song, like Soul Monster. 

That's at least my guess. 

It would be surprising if they burn an unheard song. I don't think it is a coincidence that leaks seem to expedite the process of releasing music. I also doubt there is a lot of complete stuff in the vault, unless the new band actually recorded stuff.

Based on stuff that is said in interviews, and what we have heard, the vault is all NuGNR playing for hours on end, and then the instrumentals we already heard that were crafted partly from those jam sessions. 

CD II already exists, we have heard most of it. Then CD III exists in theory, but is all unfinished instrumentals and scratch tracks. Not to be morbid, but when Axl ascends to a higher realm, his estate will have a treasure trove of instrumentals to feed into an AI. 

Look at it this way, if there were another two albums worth of songs, we'd know more than we do. Stuff gets out, whether it's song titles, leaks, people speaking in interviews when they shouldn't be, etc. The only thing that possibly gives me hope of a deep vault is that the Village leaks did have a few songs with vocals that at least on the surface level of GNR dorks on web forums weren't known about. Or at least, I don't recall info about them being out there - but I am not as deep into this stuff as some of you. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, gunsntortillas said:

The General is State Of Grace. The cell phone leak thought to be The General is a different song, like Soul Monster. 

It would be surprising if they burn an unheard song. I don't think it is a coincidence that leaks seem to expedite the process of releasing music. I also doubt there is a lot of complete stuff in the vault, unless the new band actually recorded stuff.

Based on stuff that is said in interviews, and what we have heard, the vault is all NuGNR playing for hours on end, and then the instrumentals we already heard that were crafted partly from those jam sessions. 

CD II already exists, we have heard most of it. Then CD III exists in theory, but is all unfinished instrumentals and scratch tracks. Not to be morbid, but when Axl ascends to a higher realm, his estate will have a treasure trove of instrumentals to feed into an AI. 

Look at it this way, if there were another two albums worth of songs, we'd know more than we do. Stuff gets out, whether it's song titles, leaks, people speaking in interviews when they shouldn't be, etc. The only thing that possibly gives me hope of a deep vault is that the Village leaks did have a few songs with vocals that at least on the surface level of GNR dorks on web forums weren't known about. Or at least, I don't recall info about them being out there - but I am not as deep into this stuff as some of you. 

The only thing else  is that that some songs on CD are actually CD II and III songs. As in Bucket head  era songs like Shackler's, or Sorry maybe that were born in Bucket era are CD II. And maybe Better wasn't completed really until 2004 are CD II. Songs not ready for early CD release in 2002. 

But songs like The General, Atlas were on early tracklists so they CD songs. 

Scraped is prob only CD 3 song as it seems like one of those instrumentals Bucket worked up with Costanzo. Whether there's another vault of those kind of tracks is another question. 

In a way Better swapped places with Atlas. Shacklers swapped with Hard Skool. 

Slash and Duff are working on CD and CD II songs for what is CD IV. But it's easier to think of it as finishing CD II songs but really Perhaps, Atlas are CD songs. Silkworms was CD II. 

This would be fucking hilarious.

The clip or the rehearsal doesn't sound like State of Grace or Soul Monster though.

I do get the skepticism. You're right...they don't "burn" unheard songs. They finally made it to the point where other than Atlas which we know almost made CD, State of Grace which is a demo unworthy of release, and scratch vocals on Quick Song, they have no other options but going with something we haven't heard.

I don't think it is a coincidence that leaks seem to expedite the process of releasing music

It's definitely not a coincidence.

One crazy thing and once again it points out how horribly run the whole operation is..

They know hoarders are sitting on "the second half of Chinese" and have been for 15+ years. They also know a select group of these guys sell the songs to the highest bidders.

How do they handle this? They buy off certain people and just pray none of it gets out before they can release it.

Eventually their luck will run out. The songs will eventually leak in some fashion. Whether it's tomorrow, next year, or 5 years from now no one knows.

They will leak. Once it happens, there's nothing left because they never work on anything new and haven't since George W. Bush was in office. There will be no more carrots left to dangle.

It should've all leaked in 2008. For starters it would've made the album better because it gives them more wiggle room on the track list.

CD II already exists, we have heard most of it. Then CD III exists in theory, but is all unfinished instrumentals and scratch tracks

Definitely enough songs in the vault for "the second half of Chinese".

After that I agree...it gets dicey.

Stinson said there were 22 songs left after CD was released. The rest just instrumental and sketches.

Minus

Absurd

Hard School

Perhaps

The General

Also minus the Stinson songs with lead vocals since he got the rights to those.

It's enough for one final album and some B sides.

The so called trilogy was always a fantasy. He probably intended for it to be one but lost interest in the project while working on album two.

5 hours ago, gunsntortillas said:

State of grace wasn't a completed song really in the locker leaks 

Add the known general into it and add layers of guitar. 

In my opinion state of grace is the general. 

If im wrong i fully expect lol brasky.

Whether or not The General is State of Grace, I don’t know, but it will be sure to disappoint after Old Gravy Biceps finishes with it. Someday when The Fatman has gone to Hamburger Heaven we will hopefully get to hear everything as it was originally intended with Buckethead and Finck. 

[A]s we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns — the ones we don’t know we don’t know.”

would GNR release an unknown unknown as a b side? 

• Scared 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Facekicker said:

We will get to a point where Downzy will be able to use an AI Axl to record a song about his passion for transexuals and Team Brazil will sanction it to make a few bucks. 

Who needs AI? Just get Dustin Bones to record some of the songs from Duffs new album.

• Haha 4